Wednesday, October 15, 2008

north jersey small group update

[from sooyoung via email]

Hi guys,

I thought I'd open the lines of communication and discussion (per our mtg) by giving an update about our small group.

The People: Hyun, Diana, Mike, Sam (Stretchy), Dave Choi, John Choi, Sang Bang, Jime (in Korea), Charles and Danny Kim. Danny is the newest to join our small group and has come out twice. Since Dave Choi moved to central Jersey, he might be leaving our small group after we're done with our book.
When we meet: Every other week. Our schedule is irregular because I have a weird event/travel schedule. Generally, we meet every other week and try to grab meals as a small group at least once a month.

Where we meet: My house in Glen Rock. Some of us commute home together on the train.

What we're studying: Prayer.... We just did chapter 8 on "Hanging On" about perservering through prayer. We're the slowpokes! We haven't finished this book yet and have

Our upcoming schedule:
- 10/21 - Tuesday - We're probably going to do dinner for Sang's Birthday
- 10/29 - Wednesday
- 11/12 - Wednesday
- BREAK since I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks

A few prayer requests...
* I'd love prayer on thinking about what our small group will study next. I wanted to go back and forth between reading a book and studying the word. I have a study on the Sermon on the Mount that I'd like for our small group to go through. Please pray for me as I prepare and pray about what we will study next.
* John and Danny are new to our small group and I pray that we can make them feel like a part of our family.
* Our small group has really started to open up to one another, and I hope we can be diligent in keeping each other accountable, praying for one another, encouraging each other in discipline, and showing a lot of love.

No comments: