Wednesday, October 15, 2008

nb women's sg (christine & tina) update

[from christina via email]

Tina Lee and I are coleading the Central Jersey Tuesday Women's Small Group. Small group begins at 8.
We've met at 4H the past two weeks, but will begin to meet at Busch (I believe Sunhee's dorm) from now on. Our sg gals include:
Jennifer Bang
Gina Chang
Sunhee Sul
Mijin Yeom
Hannah Yook
Hanna Chang
Lydia Moon
So far, our bible studies have been going out very well... particularly our last one. This past week, Jason, Tina, and I worked together to form a study aimed at fostering a lot of group discussion and applying what we learned about "church dating" from our first meeting. We included questions based on Harris' book, relevant scripture, and P. John's sermon. I'm encouraged by this sg because I feel like they're very open to sharing and so sweet! We pretty much have the froshies and sophomores coming out consistently.
Here's some prayer requests I'd like to request:
* Gina Chang has been very vocal about her family struggles. Please pray for Tina and I to be as supportive and encouraging to her.
* Even though our sg has been going out well, I am personally struggling. Please pray that God will fill my heart with conviction and a greater sense of purpose in sg leading and loving this church.

No comments: