Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanks guys

Hi everyone,

I had the fear of Sungho maybe asking how I'm doing in front of everyone and he did. Oh well. hahaha. But I didn't really get to thank those who's been praying for me, and those who listened as I shared. So I just wanted to say thank you...
Please don't think I'm depressed all the time, because things are really good a lot of the times. hahaha. I just really tend to go up and down, from extreme to extreme... and it can even happen in one day. When things are going down the hill, I tend to get really disappointed at myself. Even when things are good, I get disappointed at myself for not being better. I keep repeating to myself that I'm not good enough - not a good enough friend, not being able to put my heart into things enough, wasting enough time... The thing is, I know that even though I excelled just ever so slightly or significantly in those areas, I would still feel like I'm not good enough. A lot of the lies that I've been dwelling on - I know they're not true. God tells me so, and His grace speaks out for me. It doesn't matter what I do and how well I think I do it. It shouldn't matter what other people think. But I keep on going back to that place over and over again, and I'm sick and tired of finding myself at that place... A friend told me to just cross that line of lies and never step back to it, just a couple days ago. And there, I found myself again, the very morning of yesterday...

But at yesterday's meeting, I was really reminded that there are people who are striving to reach for the same place - where Jesus calls us to come and find peace in Him. And I thank God for allowing me to come to that place from time to time even in the midst of struggles. Even though I feel like giving up, not do anything and just wait for God's timing, I was reminded that He is the King I'm living for, and there are steps that I can take to strive for a relationship with the one and only, "best" God in the world. So again, I thank everyone..and I thank you, Jesus.

This is a verse I've been repeating to myself since a few days ago, from Isaiah 55:8-9:

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.


...To keep eyes off of myself and know to dwell on His very Word, power and strength, that is sure and true :]


No comments: